I wrote yesterday about a bee that I had photographed and then edited into a sepia image. The post is here if you would like to take a look. Today I was looking at another series of bee shots and here is what one of the final images looks like:
I think it was the bright yellow of the flower that made me decide to keep this a color image. I managed to get a pretty sharp photo, even with the movement of the bee and the flower. I had used my tripod earlier in the shoot, but did not for this particular image. I think the most challenging thing about this image is the background. There is just a lot going on. So, the original image I cropped to try and get some of the background out but still leave enough to convey the scene I was shooting. In Aperture I corrected this photo a bit using curves, I just wanted to darken the image a little bit. I have also sharpened the image.