I think we all have them, some project that we are working on. In this case I am talking about a particular photo that I am trying to get. I work on it from time to time. I would just like a really good cardinal picture. Here is my latest attempt:
Really I think it would have helped if I had used my kit lens for this photo. I used my 50mm and then cropped it later. The good thing about using the 50 is that you get really good detail. In this case though I just needed to be closer, and the the kit lens, which is a 28-135mm would have helped a bit here. Looking at the photo again now I am also thinking I should have tried using my flash, just to maybe separate the black and red of the birds feathers. I’m not sure if that would have worked, but it’s worth a try, so maybe next time I am working on this ongoing project, I will give it a try.